He was born in Konya in 1945. He studied at Konya Akşehir Teacher School between 1961-1964.He worked as a primary school teacher in Erzincan Tercan between 1964-1965. Between 1965-1968, he studied at Ankara Gazi Education Institute, Department of Drawing Education. Between 1970-1975, he was sent to Germany with a scholarship from the Ministry of Education and he specialized in "Graphic Design" at the Kassel State Academy of Fine Arts. He returned to Turkey in 1975 and started to work in the Drawing Education Department of Gazi Education Institute. He received his proficiency in art at the same university in 1984 and became an associate professor in 1987. Between 1987-2001, he worked as a lecturer at Bilkent University Faculty of Fine Arts, Design and Architecture. In 2001, he transferred to Hacettepe University and became a professor. He is still working at this university. The works of the artist have been accepted to our museum by donation.